Thursday, June 26, 2008

NASCAR fun..

This weekend we went camping before we went to the Nascar race at Infineon raceway (Sprint cup). We went with two other managers that Kyle works with and one of their wives. We set up camp about a half an hour away from the raceway. It was a great camping spot because the bugs weren't eating me alive. I heard that the bugs are driving everyone nuts in Iowa, sorry to rub it in.

We had a chance to hit up the beach, it was so beautiful. It was the first time I had seen the ocean since we moved out here. I don't think that I have ever seen waves as big as there were that day. I was a bit surprised though because it was chilly and windy. There were so many people on the beach despite the chilliness. Alot of people were flying kites because the wind was perfect. It was funny because Kyle was the only one that braved the cold water and jumped in. He about froze because the water was about 50 degrees. The cool weather made it easy for us to chill around the fire, I slept like a baby because it was prefect weather.

My first NASCAR experience was an interesting one. I am not a big fan of watching NASCAR on t.v but WOW was it different live. To start it all off the main character of Hairspray sang the national anthem. We had great seats, on I believe turn 2, and it was perfect because we were on a tiny hill so we were able to view the cars easily coming over the ben. We witnessed the majority of the wipe-outs on our turn.

After Kyle Bush won the race, and we started on our long walk to the car we bumped into the TGI Fridays guy from the food Network. Honestly I don't know how he became famous, or kinda famous because he is gross looking. I wasn't digging the spiky blonde hair.



here is where they do all the t.v. and announcing



Here is Abbi showing the camera some love





They are so cool



Part of the Nascar crew



Jr. trying to pick up the pace




I had to put this picture up, I couldn't help it. "Some" of the Nascar crowd



Listening to the Scanner, it was really kinda cool!



Wipe out!!




1 comment:

knthomas said...

haha I enjoyed the pictures of the tattoos...haha wow thats American for ya!